Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, April 10, 2017

Making the Most of It

Hello!

The semester is almost over, which means finals are around the corner, but more importantly so is summer break! Whatever your plans are, I'm sure you're counting down the days until you're free from the stress of classes and extra curricular activities on campus. However, it's so important to live everyday meaningfully and with gratitude, rather than just waiting for the future. If you live like that, the present will just pass you by.

One of the ways I try to live in the moment and spend everyday happily and gratefully is by taking in the environment around me and appreciating how beautiful and alive our campus is. I'll be moving back to Wisconsin this summer, so I have to take in our campus while I still can! It's amazing what you will see and learn to appreciate when you're not staring at your phone as you walk through campus on the way to class.

I took this picture on St. Paul campus as I was leaving one of my classes. The weather isn't always great during this Spring season, but take it upon yourself to spend more time studying outside, going on walks, and in general paying attention to the little things on campus. You won't regret it!

Until next time,
Molly
Retail Merchandising