Cdes header

College of Design

Friday, February 10, 2017

Time Management Mastery

Hello everybody!

Spring semester is in full swing. It's already February and time just seems to be flying by. One of the things I'm trying to work on this semester is my time management skills. I've always been pretty good at this, but there's always room to improve (I'm definitely not immune to procrastination). I'm taking on a lot this semester with new clubs, more leadership, and more challenging classes. The amount of things we as college students want to do with our time doesn't always correlate to how much time we really have to spare. Fortunately, there are a few things we can all do to make the most of our collegiate undergrad experience!

1. Plan your week on Sunday night. It's really helpful to be able to look at your week as a whole and understand what needs to be done. I always go through my class syllabuses and extra curricular schedules each week to make sure I have everything written down. Our agendas are our BFFs!

2. Designate time for yourself. You need time to breath. This could be an episode or two of Netflix, reading a book or, if you're really ambitious, working out. Designating this time will make sure you get some quality 'you time,' even in the midst of a busy week.

3. Get enough sleep. This one is so, so important. You need to be fully refreshed to make the most of your day. It's impossible to be productive if you're constantly yawning or zoning out. Six-nine hours of sleep is necessary for your health, wellbeing, and overall success.

Manage that time like I know you all can! (Good luck)

Molly
Retail Merchandising