Cdes header

College of Design

Friday, February 17, 2017

Internship Abroad Interview

Hello hello!

For this week's blog post, I decided to interview one of my close friends who had the opportunity to intern at Johnny Drama while we were in London last semester.
Where she went to work everyday!

Q: What exactly is Johnny Drama?
A: Johnny Drama is a fashion wholesaler, which basically means that they act as a medium between large international brands like Jovani, Scala, and Talbot runoff and smaller retailers across the United Kingdom.

Q: What did a typical day look like for you?
A: I would check in with the brand managers, help them correspond with buyers, track and record inventory, and deliver dresses and assist at photo-shoots. I answered a lot of e-mails, phone calls, and other general administrative work.

Q: What is your favorite memory from this experience?
A: On my last day all my co-workers and I hung out and had refreshments. They let me pick whichever gorgeous evening gown I wanted to take home with me! It was great to reminisce with them all about the semester.

Q: Overall, are you happy you did this?
A: Absolutely, yeah. It was a really interesting and unique way to experience a different culture and to learn about the fashion industry in another culture. Definitely an experience I'll cherish for a long time!

As you can see, her experience was seriously amazing and quite the resume-booster. Definitely something you should all consider doing during your undergrad! Click here for a list of study abroad internship opportunities you can take advantage of!

Have a good week,

Molly
Retail Merchandising