Cdes header

College of Design

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Sickness in the Air

Hello hello hello!

It's that time of year again when we're all getting sick. No matter what the symptoms are, it's always miserable, and of course it's always at the worst timing. Since I'm currently fighting through my illness, I thought I would take the time to write a list of the 4 things we should all be a bit better at, to ensure we stay healthy.

1. Sleep sleep sleep! This one is so important. I'm positive that my recent lack of sleep is the number one contribution to my illness. Our bodies need those 7-9 hours to keep our immune system thriving, and we all need to be better at not watching that next episode on Netflix at 2 in the morning..

My exercise this weekend was exploring in the Alps of Switzerland!
2. Drink more water. Another thing I admit that I've slacked on the past couple weeks..and I'm paying the price for it now. Keep a water bottle on you at all times so it's available to drink in class, while studying, or in the middle of the night.

3. Exercise. "But Molly, how am I supposed to make time for the gym when I have all these projects and papers?!?!" Exercise doesn't have to be an hour and a half at the gym. It can be as simple as walking to and from class instead of taking the campus circulator, or taking the stairs instead of the elevator to your apartment on the fourth floor.

4. Relax. Another thing I know has been missing from my life. This last week was filled with a ton of papers and projects for me, and I was very stressed. I didn't do anything to relax myself. Don't be like me. Take 15 minutes to meditate, to listen to some calming music, read, or even color. Click here for a meditation I did when taking a Spirituality & Healing class here at the U.

With the next round of tests and projects coming up for the end of the semester (WHAT), I hope you keep these in mind! None of us want to be sick on top of all the end of the semester responsibilities we have.

Stay Healthy,
Molly
Retail Merchandising