Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, December 5, 2016

On to a New Job!

After six months, I’ve finished my internship at Make-A-Wish Minnesota. I feel a lot more confident about my social media skills now, and I like knowing that the work I did contributed to a good cause. I got to write a lot of stories about incredible wish kids, and I even got to meet some of the kids when we held photo shoots. I enjoyed the work and I liked being busy, but it’ll be nice to start focusing on work that is geared less toward social media and more toward graphic design.

Now I’ll be spending more of my time working as the graphic designer for the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy! I’ve been working there for several weeks now, and I really enjoy the work that I’ve been doing. On my first day, I was asked to design banners for the college’s 50th reunion and the turnaround was so quick—I finished the design that day, and the next day made some minor edits and sent the PDF off to the printer. You can see the final banner on the right!

Since then, I’ve been designing logos for some internal programs and creating layouts for brochures and mailers. I’ll have lots of solid pieces to add to my portfolio over the next several months, and I’m already looking forward to what I’ll be doing in the future.

Until next time!

Jordan

Graphic Design