Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, October 3, 2016

New Year, New Blogger


Hey there! 

I’m Quinessa (it's like Vanessa with a Q). I'm a new blogger for the apparel design program. I am from Saint Paul, MN. My interest in apparel started when I was very young, but a sewing class I took in high school really sold me on it! As a third year apparel design student, I can’t wait to share with you all stories from the studio! I just recently added a minor in social justice, that I am excited to start this semester. I needed a break from all that designing, and being involved in civil rights is important to me. If you're interested in adding a Minor check this out!



(Hey that's me!)

Outside of class, I will be interning at WSI sports, but more to come on this in a later post. I am also Vice President of the Mnesicles Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi, the co-ed, professional Design fraternity on campus. We focus on projects to build our portfolios, expand our networks, giving back to the community and bonding as a brotherhood. We'll be celebrating 100 years of our chapter this Saturday! Here's a picture of some of my brothers at recruitment this year.




If you’d like to follow along on my apparel adventures, then stay tuned!

xoxo,
Quinessa