Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, October 17, 2016

The Perks of Papers

Hi everyone!

We're officially a month into the school year, I can't believe how fast the time has flown by!

I'm really learning a lot here in London. All of my courses here cater more towards the business aspect of my major, and it's really insightful to learn about everything through a global lens. It's mid term season, and I'm trying to stay proactive! All of my courses have papers instead of tests, so I have 5 papers due in the next couple of weeks. It's a lot, but I'm excited about it. Let me explain... in my International Marketing class, there have been students in past semesters that have had their papers published in journals. In two of my other classes, I'll be able to use my papers as resume builders. All of the papers I'm writing in the next week explore topics related to my major in one way or another. It's an exciting learning process for me in "professional" writing, if you will. I feel like these papers are forcing me to learn about the business world beyond my classroom, which is great. I think the knowledge I gain from these papers will really come in handy for me when I'm interviewing for internships and jobs down the line.

The program I'm on is called Study & Intern in London and it's through CAPA: The Global Education Network. I highly suggest checking it out if you're looking for a study abroad experience that's more than just lectures and tests. Click here if you want to learn more about it!

Molly
Retail Merchandising