Cdes header

College of Design

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Fall Internship

Hey there!

This semester I will be interning at WSI sports. WSI is a sports/active wear company here in Eagan, Minnesota. You may have seen some of their products if you watched the Vikings vs. Seahawks game this past January as they produced the cold weather gear for both teams! Everything is made in house, so I get to put my hands in a little bit of everything. It’s so cool to be able to watch the entire process.

I’ve only been with WSI for 4 weeks, and I’ve already learned so much, like how to spread and cut fabric and how to bundle the pieces to be sent out for assembly! I’ve also gotten to sit in on an R&D meeting. This isn’t a fetch-coffee type of internship, and I am so grateful. I am a hands-on learner, so it has been really helpful to apply what I have been learning in the classroom to  a real-world situation. A huge thank you goes out to Dr. Lucy Dunne for getting me in-contact with WSI!


(Photo Curtsey of Alpha Rho Chi-Mnesicles)

If you’re looking for an internship check out GoldPass.

Xoxo,
Quinessa


Apparel Design