Cdes header

College of Design

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Changing Colors on Campus


Hey Everyone!

We are already half way into October and getting close to midterms, which means my schedule has been getting busy. Between various projects, assignments, and papers, I have been working hard these past few weeks. The fall weather and changing leaves have helped make this hard work worth it. The campus in the fall is one of my favorite things about going to the U of M -- all the deep reds, oranges and yellows against the buildings are so beautiful.

Pattee Hall


While I have been busy studying, it is nice to have a break and take advantage of the beautiful weather and sights. Around campus, there are many different places to walk and enjoy the outdoors and various fall activities. I love to walk down by the river or over to the Stone Arch Bridge. The views of the river and city are especially scenic with the changing leaves this time of year! Other fun activities include going to the apple orchard, carving a pumpkin or visiting the University’s Landscape Arboretum. Located about 30 minutes southwest of the city, the arboretum is free for all university students and has wonderful gardens and displays. They also sell the university’s own apples on site, including my favorite: the Honeycrisp. I hope to get out to the arboretum sometime this fall. Hopefully you all are enjoying this picturesque fall weather as much as I am!

That’s all for now,
Cameron