Cdes header

College of Design

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

So the Journey Begins

Hello all,

My name is Sarah and I am a junior currently  a part of the Pre-Product Design program here. I am beyond excited to take you all through the crazy exciting journey that is the new Product Design Major.  If you are interested in learning more about the technicalities of the major, you should check out the website here!

As the school year starts off, many of you I'm sure have found yourself overwhelmed with perfecting your design schoolwork already. Whenever I run out of creative ideas, I always try to take a step back and "smell the roses." Whether that be taking a break to watch the storm with its indigo lightning through the windows of Rapson (as pictured above), or even just going for a run, inspiration and design is everywhere.  By surrounding yourself with the simple aesthetics of everyday life, your eye is simply drawn to new ideas and concepts that you had never thought of before.  So, I want you to always remember, taking even just a 5 minute break to do something fun or exciting, might lead to the best idea you've ever had.

Until next time, I'll see all you designers at home (Rapson).
Sarah