Cdes header

College of Design

Thursday, May 12, 2016

It's That Time of Year

This time of the year is simultaneously really awesome and really stressful. On the upside, the flowers are blooming, and the sun doesn’t set until 8:30! The downside? My allergies are back and all of my final projects are due at the same time.

My final packaging project is wrapping up right now, both literally and figuratively because I am designing chocolate bar wrappers! This project required a lot of illustration work, which was both time consuming and a lot of fun. Illustration is my jam, so this project was a blast.

I also recently finalized all of my branding for my Identity and Symbols class, which you can read more about here. Now all I have left to do is present my final logo to the client with a five-minute presentation. I’m nervous about the public speaking, but I’m really looking forward to seeing what logos my classmates have designed! I’ve been working with my design for so long, so it’ll be refreshing to see other designs for this same client.

My advanced typography class has been meeting in the letterpress studio for the past two weeks, and we’ve been working in groups to create a poster! Working with physical type is stressful in its meticulousness, because everything has to be extremely precise, but the results are so cool to see. We’ll be presenting our final poster soon, and we’ll get to take a couple copies home with us, too. I am absolutely going to put one up on my wall.

Once this is all over in a few days I will finally be able to breath easy again. Unless my allergies keep acting up. Fingers crossed those pass sometime soon.

Jordan

Graphic Design