Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, March 28, 2016

Staycation

I hope everyone had a great spring break and is well rested to get back to the last half of the semester. If you got to leave and go to warmer destinations, I’m a little envious, but I hope you had a safe and fun time. Personally, I thought that I would go all out and travel somewhere for my last spring break, but I stayed home, and relaxed.  I had myself a little “staycation.” I got to sleep in, catch up on some Netflix, and cooked meals that actually take time to make. Of course, even when on break, I can only relax so much. During my time off, I worked on updating my portfolio and started to look for jobs. The thought of graduation and having to look for jobs is becoming more real with every day that goes by. It gives me a little anxiety thinking about it, so if you’re in the same boat, know that you are definitely not alone in this struggle. Updating my portfolio and resume always seems like a daunting task because I never feel like it’s perfect enough, but that could be the designer and perfectionist in me. Wish I had more exciting tales to give you, but sometimes not doing a lot is definitely still enough.



Make sure to follow my blog at http://design.umn.edu/studentblog to keep up to date with me, and follow our Instagram to see some more pics http://instagram.com/umndesign.

Lee
Apparel Design