Cdes header

College of Design

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The beginning of the end.

Here at the U, classes have started again and my long sleeps have disappeared. I’m really excited about this semester – my schedule isn’t too difficult, my classes seem very interesting, and at the end of it all, I get to graduate! I’m ready to face this semester head on and make it a memorable one.

The scariest part of this semester is that by the end of it, I hope to have a job lined up. During my semester abroad, I fell completely in love with Copenhagen and Denmark, it quickly became my home. So I’m going to be trying my hardest to get a job back home. Using your resources is essential in the quest for a job!


My sister also graduated from the College of Design, so I know from her experience that they provide plenty of resources. In the coming weeks, I am going to be finishing up my portfolio and resume, then I am going to promptly head to Career & Internship Services. They do a great job of sharing what makes your resume strong, and provide a lot of great examples of successful resumes.

GoldPASS is another wonderful resource the U has. Students can use this for finding jobs and internships while still in school, but also for big kid jobs after graduation! It has great filter settings, so you can look for full time jobs or part time jobs, local jobs or nation wide jobs. Career Services can even help set up email reminders when new jobs are posted that might be of interest to you!

Even though the next step is a big one, and a scary one, I know that I’m not alone. My peers are going through the same things as well, and I know that I’ll have Career Services to help me when I’m in need. Perks of being a Gopher!


Margo
Architecture
i