Cdes header

College of Design

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

New Project

Hi again!

I've recently began working on a job with the College of Design's Graphic Design Program to redesign their studio spaces. This is a really exciting opportunity that I got simply by word of mouth and a recommendation from a previous professor. Like I've said before, professors at the U are extremely supportive and always looking for opportunities for the students by creating opportunities like this and by spreading the word.
Photo of McNeal Hall exterior where the studios are located.
Photo retrieved from: http://campusmaps.umn.edu/mcneal-hall

So with guidance, I will be spending some time the next few months redesigning three of the graphic design studios in McNeal Hall, on the U of M's St. Paul campus, to give them spaces that are more functional and appealing to students. I'm excited to be doing something for the school and to be helping the graphic design program, one that's just down the hall from the interior design program. Their needs include more flexible, lighter furniture to adapt to technology going from desktop computers to laptops. Also, they're looking to provide spaces for groups and critiques.

I'm really excited to be doing this project to help my school and to get involved in the graphic design program as an interior designer. I hope I can deliver on their needs and help create some great studio spaces for the students and staff!

I'll be sure to keep you all posted on the progress and results!

Megan
Interior Design