Cdes header

College of Design

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

New Graphic Design Blogger

My name is Jordan and I am the new graphic design blogger!

I had every intention of starting off with an introductory post where I told you a bit about my life and who I am. However, during my first class of the semester, we worked on an assignment that served as a sort of “get to know you” project, so I’ve decided to share that here instead!

I’m currently taking Identity and Symbols, where I’ll eventually learn about the foundations of logo design. For now, though, we started off the year by doing an exercise in making mood boards. We collected images that, when put together, gave the viewer a general sense of who we are as a person. You can have a look at mine and use that as a way to get to know me!



It’s not polished, by any means, but that’s what I like about making mood boards. It’s kind of like scrapbooking, but instead of gathering memories you’re doing research and finding design trends that you can draw ideas from. Plus, it gives you a good excuse to search for some really cool pictures.

If you want to do some visual research of your own, you can always look at sites like Pinterest or Behance, but I’ve also recently learned about an interesting website called Designspiration that has a wide collection of great stuff—and the best part is, you can search for stuff just by typing a keyword while you’re on the homepage!  It’s a great place to browse for inspiration.

That's all for now! I look forward to sharing more with you as my college career progresses.

Jordan
Graphic Design