Cdes header

College of Design

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Winter Break Is Here & More News!

I'm very excited to say happy winter break! It's finally time to take a break from homework and spend some time visiting with family and friends for the holidays and I'm very excited. As much as I enjoy school and projects, this is a much needed break after a very busy semester. It definitely flew by but it's one more semester under my belt.

I might be sounding a bit like a broken record lately, but I found out the other week that I was the second-place winner of Formica's Student Design Competition!  My professors encouraged all of us students to enter this competition and I'm grateful they did. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even known about it! And it's paid off as another thing I can put on my resume.

For this competition I took my already in-progress project and selected Formica products to use within it. It was very easy to apply for the competition and really didn't take much time considering my project was already underway and I had a lot of potential applications for their products within it. I definitely encourage entering this competition as a student! It isn't very time demanding, it's a great thing to have on a resume, and the winners receive cash prizes - always a plus! It was even mentioned on an article on Interior Design Magazines website!

Anyway, my break is consisting of a lot of movies, crafts and Netflix and a LOT of relaxing. I don't think I'd have it any other way! Hopefully everyone is having a great winter break and happy holidays!

Megan
Interior Design