Cdes header

College of Design

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The Home Stretch


This is it.

This is the home stretch, folks. Our senior show is officially a week and a half away, and I have to say, I have a lot of mixed emotions about it!

I'm happy because graduation means no more homework, papers, or exams, but I'm sad because I'm going to miss all of the great friends I have made and all of the fantastic professors I have met over my time at the University.

I'm proud because of all of the amazing work myself and fellow seniors have created and amassed and I'm amazed at the amount of time, effort, and hard-work that has gone into our educations.

To see the fruits of our labor, make sure to come see us all at at LAYERS, our Senior Portfolio Show and Thesis Exhibition on December 9th from 5:30pm-8:30pm in the Rapson Courtyard on the East Bank campus here at the University of Minnesota and December 11th from 6pm-9pm in the Larson Art Gallery on the St. Paul Campus.

But most of all, I'm excited because I now get to move onto the next step in my life and use all of the knowledge, memories, and experiences I have accumulated over the past 3.5 years out in the real world.

Making the decision to transfer to the University of Minnesota 4 years ago was truly one of the best decisions I have ever made and I am so incredibly grateful to everyone who has played a part in this chapter of my life and has helped me progress towards my upcoming graduation.

Until next time,

Leah
Graphic Design