Cdes header

College of Design

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Ready or Not Here We Come

 Finals are coming up this week! You can always tell when finals are coming up, because everywhere you look you’ll see students frantically trying to finish up their projects and working to get as much information in their brains as possible. I’m currently writing this post in the studio, as I am also one of those students frantically trying to finish up my project, which in this case is my senior collection.

I remember when I first started the program, creating my senior collection was just a thought in the back of mind, and it felt so far away. How has it come to the point where I’m about to present it to the Apparel Design faculty? Looking at my collection, I can’t help but think about all of the things I’ve learned since entering this program, and now it’s all coming together for this one thing. At the time you are taking a class you may not understand why you are learning what you are learning, but trust me there is a reason for every class you take.

Working in the Apparel Design Studio
My collection still has a lot of work left before I feel ready to present it, but I’m confident that I’ll be able to pull it together. I already have four looks that are almost done, and I’m getting the base for my fifth put together now. Even though I still have a lot of work left to do, I know that I’m not alone. My fellow classmates are also working diligently to get their collections together. Their hard work and determination helps keep me going and motivates me to continue to push my limits. I can’t wait to see the results of everyone’s hard work when we present next week.

I also have an update about our Senior Fashion Show. The website is up and running, so go check it out. Here is the link to the website, fashionshow.design.umn.edu. Ticket sales will be up soon! Don’t forget to follow us on social media.

Instagram: identity2016
Twitter: @identity_2016


Make sure to follow my blog at http://design.umn.edu/studentblog to keep up to date on the craziness that is about to happen this semester. Also, follow our Instagram to see some more pics http://instagram.com/umndesign.

Lee