Cdes header

College of Design

Friday, December 11, 2015

Another Project Complete

Reception
Another week down and another project complete! In my studio class, we recently completed the design development phase of the NEXT design I've been mentioning throughout the semester. I'm including some renderings I created from my design for you to take a look at! The project is a coworking office space designed for a fictional company, NEXT, that uses Steelcase products.

WorkCafe
We presented to industry professionals and our projects were all sent out to select 2 winners to be sent on to the next round of the competition at the national level. Mine was one of the ones selected from my class, so I've been really busy trying to perfect it and prepare it for the next phase and it's off getting judged right now!

We have about 3 weeks left in the semester and still so much to do! Although this HUGE part is out of the way there are still many projects going on for me. We are now doing the construction documents for the NEXT office and developing the lighting and electrical systems within it. I'm also building upon my work on a small retail design for some projects in class. We're so close to the end of another semester and I'm a little hesitant because of the work still left to do, but things will always get done and soon enough it'll be winter break and time to enjoy the holidays!
Open Office

Megan
Interior Design