Cdes header

College of Design

Friday, November 13, 2015

Making Progress

Hello everyone!

With such a busy semester finishing up my portfolio and senior thesis project, it has flown by faster than any other so far! However, I definitely feel like I'm making some pretty great progress with the two. 

I've talked a little bit about what's going on in my Portfolio class, but up until this point I've left thesis to be a bit of mystery. That was mostly because up until recently it had been a mystery to me as well! However, this past week we had our midterm critiques on our concepts, topics, and deliverables for our projects that will be a part of our senior show in Rapson on December 9th. Coming out of that critique I now have a very solid concept and project that I am excited to move forward with. 


I spent last semester researching and writing about the Minnesotan Identity and am now working on creating an exhibition centered around that topic.

I came up with the idea to begin the “MN Love Letter Project” in which I have sent 100+ blank postcards to people from all over Minnesota to solicit their "love letters to MN." Upon receiving their responses, I plan to design the front of each of the postcards received based on the stories written on the back. I will then display the final postcards in the exhibition space come December. If you’re interested in learning more about the project or would like to contribute, visit mnloveletterproject.weebly.com/about.

Until next time,

Leah
Graphic Design