Cdes header

College of Design

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Time Management Skills are Required

Hi everybody!

I hope everyone is adjusting to the change in the season and the cooler temperatures. I'm going to miss the warm weather, but I love fall for the fun jackets, scarfs, and layered looks.

The past 2 weeks have been an eye-opening introduction to the amount of work that needs to be done for the remainder of the semester. This semester I’m taking Technical Design Studio as well as Apparel Design Studio V, which means that because they are both studio courses, they require a lot of work and time. In my Technical Design Studio, we are learning the production process of the industry by replicating the process from beginning to end. We will be creating school uniforms and play clothes that will be sent to children in Africa. This is going to require a lot of work as a group in order to produce about 40 of each of the looks.

Sketching and Ideations for my Senior Collection
Then for my Apparel Design Studio V, I’m continuing the process of creating my senior collection. We just completed our first illustrations of our collection to present to the faculty for critique, which leads into more physical development of our collection. We now need to start the patterning process, so in the next couple of weeks we have to start making test garments of our looks. Doing all of this at the same will be tough, but not impossible. I’m definitely going to be utilizing my Google calendar very extensively this semester to manage my time as efficiently as I can.

Make sure to follow my blog at http://design.umn.edu/studentblog to keep up to date on all that is about to happen this semester. Also, follow our Instagram to see some more pictures http://instagram.com/umndesign.

Until next time,

Lee
Apparel Design