Cdes header

College of Design

Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Countdown is On!


Hey everyone,

I have some very exciting news: I am officially accepted into the Rome-Istanbul study abroad program for this spring semester!! I will be traveling to Rome, Italy for a month and then to Istanbul, Turkey with 16 other Landscape Design and Planning and Architecture students.  This program is through the College of Design and the coursework is specifically designed for us, which is such a great opportunity!

During my time abroad I will have the chance to explore the beautiful streets of Rome in a drawing workshop that looks at public and private spaces of the architecture and urban landscapes. I have been to Rome once before, but am excited to fully immerse myself in the culture and life of the city. While in Istanbul I will be taking courses looking into the history of the city as well as a design studio, which focuses on the Bosphorous, the strait that separates the European and Asian sides of the city. For those of you that don’t know where Istanbul is, (I will admit I had to look it up on a map) it is located in Turkey with the strait connecting the Black Sea and Sea of Marmara. To learn more about this program you can visit the website here. I am so excited for this incredible opportunity and am already counting down the days until I go! Less than 100 days until I leave for these beautiful cities!


Stay tuned for more updates on my study abroad experiences!
Cameron
Landscape Design and Planning

Photo sources
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_in_Rome
http://www.irti.org/English/Research/PublishingImages/Pages/Inaugural-annual-symposium-on-islamic-finance/About-Istanbul/istanbul-ville.jpg