Cdes header

College of Design

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Quick Update

Minneapolis Institute of Art Exterior View
Hello everybody!

I thought for this post I would just give you an update on what I've been up to these last two weeks in class! I've been spending a lot of time working on stuff so most of my time has been going to that but we've been doing some pretty exciting stuff with class!

Starting with studio (IDES 3606), we're really getting into our semester-long project for Steelcase's NEXT Competition; I'm currently putting together a large research binder of documentation of precedent studies, research, ideas, etc. It's a huge document but it will be really satisfying to get it completed and start moving on to producing my design!

Frank by Chuck Close at the MIA
Some/One by Do-ho Suh at the MIA
For design and globalization class (DES 4165), we took a field trip this week to the Minneapolis Institute of Art. The pictures you see are ones I took while I was there. There was so much great art. It's a free to go to and you could kill some serious time in there - I really encourage checking it out sometime!

Lighting class (IDES 3612) is the other class I currently have a project going on in - we are designing lamps for Groovystuff, as I've discussed in previous posts. Mine is almost complete and I look forward to sharing it with you in my next post once its done and my class has done our presentations so keep your eyes peeled for that, I can't wait to share it! There are definitely some really impressive lamps being produced in class right now.

Until next time!
Megan
Interior Design