Cdes header

College of Design

Friday, October 30, 2015

We're Halfway There...

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all have been enjoying this beautiful fall weather as much as I have!

I cannot believe that we have already hit the halfway point of the semester; it feels like it just started! With that realization comes many emotions including both excitement and amazement of just how far I’ve come, but also a fair amount of stress. I'm beginning to realize just how much work I need to get done before our Senior Show on December 9th. Speaking of our Senior Show, we officially have a name! We've decided to call the show "Layers" and are currently busy putting the final touches on our branding by refining our logo and color scheme. We should be debuting all of that and a brand new website very soon so make sure you keep checking back here to get the link and read all about us!

Apart from planning our show, the two classes I am taking this semester are Thesis Studio Exhibition and Portfolio. While both require quite a bit of work and can be stressful at times, overall I am really enjoying them! In particular I am finding Portfolio to be an endlessly valuable class. Not only do we get class time to critique and refine old projects with new eyes, but our professor brings in professionals from the industry to talk all topics post-graduation with us. I have already gathered so much incredible advice and insight into the design industry, I can't wait to start using it all in just a few short weeks!

Also, make sure to put December 9, 2015 on your calendars to come see all of the seniors’ hard work. You won’t want to miss it!

Until next time,

Leah
Graphic Design