Cdes header

College of Design

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Forever Bonded

Hi everyone! We’re about halfway through the semester and I hope it’s going well for you all! I’m currently writing this blog post in the studio, as I’m continuing to develop my collection. We have our test garments due a week from this coming Monday. Eek! So naturally, my classmates and I are in the studio working late. This will probably be a regular occurrence for the week to come.

Working this late has become a natural part of the experience of being in the Apparel Design program, not just here, but in any kind of fashion or apparel design program anywhere. This may seem like a lot of work that we have to do, and that’s because it is, but it’s a bonding experience that you can talk about with any fashion/apparel designer. I know that I’ve made some of my best friends in this program, due to the fact that we work so closely with each other, and can bond over the late nights we work together. I can honestly say that I probably would not have made it as far as I have without them. We have become a close family.

Now back to my collection. The next time I post, I will be in the stages of my final looks, so make sure to stay tuned.

Make sure to follow my blog at http://design.umn.edu/studentblog to keep up to date on the craziness that is about to happen this semester. Also, follow our Instagram to see some more pics http://instagram.com/umndesign.

Lee
Apparel Design