Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, September 21, 2015

It's Good To Be Back!

Times Square
Welcome back everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful summer! We have now successfully made it through the first 2 weeks of classes. The summer definitely went by very quickly, but it also feels good to be back. To give a quick update on what I’ve been up to since my last blog, over the summer I was in one of the best cities in the world, New York City where I had the honor of being able to do an internship. I interned in a Ready-to-Wear department as a patternmaker. The experience was amazing and I learned so many things that are definitely going to help me this semester as I prepare my collection for my senior line. I met some wonderful people in New York, and got to do some exploring of the city. After experiencing the industry first hand, I have a better understanding of what it all entails, and how my education at the U will be utilized, which I’m glad that everything I’ve learned has been very useful.

Model Casting
Now I’m back in Minneapolis, and have already begun the process of planning and designing for my senior collection. Even though it has been only 2 weeks, my classmates and I have already been working hard for this show. We all are in the processing of doing ideations and designs for our collections. We have already completed a successful model casting, which we had an amazing turnout of 122 models that came to the casting, and we still have some more to look at still. We also know that the date of the show will be February 6, 2016 and that the name of the show is Identity. Our next process now is to work with the graphic design majors on creating our show theme to use for the website, posters, and marketing, so be on the lookout for this thing in the near future.

Make sure to follow my blog at http://design.umn.edu/studentblog to keep up to date with me. Also, follow our Instagram to see some more pics http://instagram.com/umndesign.