Cdes header

College of Design

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Sommer af lykke

Hej!

School is out and summer is here! I'm lucky enough to be able to continue my time in Copenhagen throughout the summer. I just love it so much and could not say bye quite yet. As the semester was coming to an end, I had to begin saying "vi ses" to all my friends I have made throughout the semester as they were headed back to the States. It was a bit sad, but its great to know that I will see them again, and now I have a few new travel destinations in the U.S.!

11050136_10205940757870124_3151124722976735926_n.jpg This summer I will be passing time by cruising around Copenhagen on my trusty bike and at the Danish Architecture Centre (DAC). My interest in the DAC, and a few words to my professor with connections, landed me an awesome summer position! As I've mentioned before in a few of my other blogs, connections are so important! I am really excited for this position because I feel I will be able to explore Copenhagen's design field more broadly. I also hope that I will be able to gain strong connections to people who are definitely well connected to architects from Copenhagen or around Denmark. It will be interesting working for a centre that focuses on more than just architecture, and I am really looking forward to learning about the connection between the city, community, and design.

Unfortunately this will be my last blog post from Denmark, however I will be sure to fill you in about my summer in Copenhagen come September! Vi ses, designers :)

Margo
Architecture