Cdes header

College of Design

Friday, May 8, 2015

Post-Semester Thoughts.

Hello!

Now that my semester learning abroad has come to a close, it is time to revisit my pre-departure thoughts. As you may have read in my blogs from this semester, I have had a fabulous time in Copenhagen and with my study abroad program, but I'll try not to be too biased :)

-"It is so expensive." Again, yes it can be. I've even chosen to study in one of the most expensive cities. However, I feel that being here has really changed my spending habits, for the better. Food is quite costly, therefore I went out to eat so much less than I did at home. I really hope this is a habit I can keep, especially since I've gained a lot of cooking skills here! I've also done a fair amount of traveling, but staying in hostels (with kitchens), cheap airlines, and splitting costs with friends has made it possible and affordable.

-"It just doesn't fit into my schedule." As I mentioned last time, just speak to your advisers and I'm sure something will fall into place! If they don't fall perfectly, perhaps a semester here or there will be a bit full, but it will definitely be worth it.

-"I don't know another language." I heard Danes were good at English, but they are actually perfect at English! They can have complete conversations filled with puns and intelligent words, it's amazing. Although not every place in the world can be as fluent in English as the Danes, I've noticed that the English capabilities have improved even since my last visit two years ago. Its very apparent that English is becoming the "international language" which makes traveling even easier for us.

IMG_3441-1.jpg -Last but not least, a bit of my advice. I might be biased, but my time here has been so amazing, I want everyone to have the opportunity to study abroad! Start thinking about it before its too late, and before you know it you will be living in another country having the time of your life!

I hope you've enjoyed reading about my semester abroad and have begun looking into your study abroad options at the Learning Abroad Center!


Margo
Architecture