Cdes header

College of Design

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Education, Passion, & Design

Hello future designers of the world!

I can officially say I only have one year left at the University of Minnesota! That is until I go to graduate school, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. As I mentioned previously, I started out at a different college, but I have spent the last three years at the U of M. The past four years have flown by and it is so incredible and heart warming to see photographs of all my friends in their caps and gowns graduating college. It truly is a big accomplishment, and I imagine sometimes graduates get lost in the crowd of their peers and forget to applaud themselves.

Attending college is almost expected of us these days, but I think it is incredibly important that students approach college with passion and curiosity. Design school is a mental and physical challenge that will require you to think in ways you never have before. This challenge can be overwhelming, but brings truly magical achievements. You learn so much about the way the world works, from small things in Design Fundamentals 1, to social design issues in Environmental Design & the Sociocultural Context.

Exploring all the courses and topics available to you in college is so critical. Everyone should make his or her college experience unique, and you can only get out of it what you put in to it. I am going to make my last year a very memorable one filled with intriguing intellectual conversations about design, architecture, and life with my peers and professors. I plan to work hard in studios and other courses so my portfolio is impressive enough to send to potential employers around the world. I hope to meet a few of you readers around Rapson Hall next year!

This is my sister and I at her graduation from the College of Design at the U of M. I'm next!

922962_10151394340442623_1115814848_n.jpg

Margo
Architecture