Cdes header

College of Design

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Back to Business!

Welcome back, everyone!

Spring semester is in full swing and I couldn't be more excited to share with you the classes I'm taking!

I'm taking Macroeconomics, Career and Internship Preparation, Softlines Analysis, Dress Society and Culture, and Design and Visual Presentation.

My favorite part about being in the Retail Merchandising program is that I'm exposed to both business classes as well as design classes. By majoring in Retail Merchandising you will also be getting a minor in Management. Courses I've taken previously that relate to the Management minor include Management, Marketing, Microeconomics, and Human Resources. These classes are through the Carlson School of Management.

This semester, I'm really looking forward to my Design and Visual Presentation course. I'm taking it online and I will be learning how to use applications like Photoshop and Illustrator.

I'm nervous about my Macroeconomics course because I previously struggled in Microeconomics. However, the professors at the University of Minnesota are great and they want all of their students to succeed, therefore I know I will be fine! My professor stated on the first day of class that he is very flexible with his office hours and will hold review sessions for exams on Sunday and Monday nights - how awesome!

Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 8.09.58 PM.jpg

Style on,
Bethanie
Retail Merchandising