Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, December 1, 2014

Au Revoir Paris! Hello London!

Our break is over and I'm back from Paris. Paris was an amazing trip! Such a beautiful city, with so much to see, experience, and of course, taste!! I went on top of the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower, went down into The Catacombs of Paris, saw Notre Dame, and tasted amazing croissants and macarons! Definitely go to Paris if you get a chance, and if you do, it will definitely help if you learn some French phrases and words.

Now it's back to work. It's crazy to think that I only have three weeks left in this program at Central Saint Martins in London. I still feel like I just got here, but at the same time, like I've lived here for years. All of the electives are done for the program, and now we are on to our next module, Fashion Design 2. This is where we will be using all the skills that we learned from the previous 11 weeks in our final project. The project will be to create a collection, but a huge concentration will be on the process to make it into a portfolio-worthy piece to showcase our design process skills. Now to dive into research and to get some inspiration--wish me luck!

More pics from Paris!
Looking Down Eiffel Tower.JPG
Looking up Eiffel Tower.JPG
Arc De Triomphe.JPG
Paris Catacombs.JPG

Go to http://design.umn.edu/images/blogs/studentblog_convert/ to follow my blog and keep up with my life studying here in London. Also, make sure to check out the UMNDesign Instagram to see some more of my experiences abroad.

Lee
Apparel Design