Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, October 6, 2014

Hello London, it's me Lee

Hello everyone!! I hope everyone had a great summer and that you all are getting into the groove of the new semester. I have the fortunate opportunity to be studying abroad at Central Saint Martins in London this semester, so I'll be giving you the scoop of what life is like as a Londoner and as a student at the famous Central Saint Martins!

I've been in London for a little over three weeks now and I've been fortunate to have experienced unseasonably nice weather here. My first week was a whirlwind of glamour and fashion. I had the fortunate opportunity to intern for Marchesa during London Fashion Week, to help them debut their first show outside of New York. I was able to touch and work on some amazing dresses, dress models, give my input on designs, and also meet some amazing and talented people. Oh, and yeah, I may have been around some pretty famous people.... Anna Wintour... just for an example. That experience created a great start to my London semester.

Me working on a skirt for Marchesa
Marchesa Dress.jpg

Right after London Fashion Week, the semester began for me at Central Saint Martins. It was scary and exciting all at the same time. What are the other students going to be like? Will I like them? How many of them will there be? Is this semester going to be hard? So many thoughts and questions were running through my head, but here's tip from me to you; don't let those thoughts hold you back. Dive feet first, take an adventure, and go passed your safety zone. I guarantee that you'll get an experience of a lifetime as well as stories to last a lifetime. I've already made some amazing friends from around the world as well as have some amazing stories! All within the three weeks that I've been here.

Me at Oxford Street
Oxford St 1.jpg

Follow my blog to keep up today with my adventure studying abroad. I'm sure that I'll have lots to say while I'm here.

Lee
Apparel Design