Cdes header

College of Design

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Designing Landscapes

The drawings pictured are of a front yard landscape design that I made for my landscape drawing class. I was given some specific guidelines of what I had to include, like a water feature, gradation changes, and I had to keep a rectilinear design. Even with those guidelines it was pretty much a free design exercise, with no budget and no certain region or program we had to design for.

My final design had many subtle grade changes, and included a large pond/pool that expanded into a patio area. Hopefully the drawings speak for themselves!

LA 1301_Final Plan Value(small).jpg
LA 1301_Section Cuts (small).jpg
LA 1301 Perspective View (small).jpg

This link shares a little bit about different landscape geometries: http://landscaping.about.com/cs/history/a/design_history.htm

Allen
Landscape Design and Planning