Cdes header

College of Design

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Farewell!

It's pretty bittersweet to say that this will be my last blog for the College of Design. Graduation is less than two weeks away and needless to say, I have about a million different emotions running through me. First, I am so grateful for my time and the U and all of the experiences here that have become invaluable. I've made what I believe are true lifelong friends and have been able to grow and learn so much more about myself. I'm excited to be closing this chapter and to begin a new one in Seattle with my boyfriend and (hopefully) finding a job in the retail industry. I'm sad to be saying goodbye to friends, co-workers, classmates, and most of all my family as I move across the country.

As my last two weeks at the University of Minnesota comes to a close, I can't say enough how happy I am that I chose the U of M and feel that I have really made the most out of my time here. I really don't know if I would have had these same experiences somewhere else. For any of you who are in the beginning of your college career, the biggest advice I have is to take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way. I did that when I made the decision to study and do internships in NYC, and that has by far been one of my most impactful and valuable life experiences.

It has been such a pleasure writing this blog for all of you current or potential retail merchandising majors. I truly wish all of you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do!


Move in Day.jpg

ps. this pic is me with my family on move in day freshman year!

Stay Fabulous,
Katie