Cdes header

College of Design

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bittersweet Review

Today was my very last studio review for my undergraduate career. Normally, review is something students prepare for weeks and months in advance. We carefully craft our designs, focusing on the whole and then the details. Students spend hours diligently perfecting their models, rendering images and practicing their thesis to showcase their work. There is always a sense of relief after a review (and a hope for a night's break from homework), especially if it went well. I did have a sense of relief, but there was also a bittersweet moment as the realization set in. Until graduate school, I will not have another studio review. I will miss seeing my studio friends often and I will certainly miss the studio culture at Rapson. I hope to keep in touch with friends as we each begin our journeys after graduation (which is only one week away!).

Here is a section cut of my building (an organization that pays tribute to the column/grid structure of the Lowertown warehouses).

SectionCutFINAL.jpg

Yesterday was the first day of my internship at BWBR. Everyone there is so welcoming and friendly! I have a mentor there who helps me get settled in for the first couple of weeks. We went out to lunch yesterday and she is planning on showing me the St. Paul skyway system tomorrow. I am already assigned to a project helping organize architectural drawings for a client. My desk is empty as of now - I have to think of some great things to fill it in over the next few months.

I look forward to telling more great stories about my internship during the next few weeks.

Until next time,
Jen
B.S. in Architecture