Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, April 21, 2014

Runways and Interviews

Three weeks left until finals week and still so much more to do. This Wednesday is the WAM Elements: Design Competition and Runway Show! The run through orientation for the show is this afternoon, and I'm getting pretty excited for everything to start coming together! Another amazing thing happened as well, 2 of my classmates and I were interviewed by the Minnesota Daily about the show! Minnesota Daily isn't a highly renowned international publication by any means, but it still does have a presence around the campus and community, so it felt amazing to be asked to be interviewed for the show. Having all these experiences, doing the interview and doing runway shows, continue to reaffirm to me that I made the right decision in choosing the Apparel Design major. These are definitely things I love and would love to continue doing as a career.

Look for my article in the Minnesota Daily online and in the paper this Tuesday and don't forget to get your tickets to WAM Elements Design Competition and Runway Show! You can get your tickets here http://z.umn.edu/elements.

Here is a pic from the interview.

WAM Interview.jpg

Make sure to follow my blog at z.umn.edu/cdesblogs and also look for my pics on the UMNDesign Instagram!

Lee
Apparel Design