Cdes header

College of Design

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Planning ahead, and it feels so good!

Planning ahead, and it feels so good! Planning ahead, 'cause I understood. There's one perfect fit, and homework, this one is it. I am so so excited 'cause I'm planning ahead, hey, hey. (Do you get it? Did that work? Feel free to sing the previous lines to the wonderful tune of "Reunited" by Peaches and Herb)

peaches-and-herb-reunited-polydor-8.jpg

Anyways... We are coming down to it! There are only 5 weeks left in the semester, including finals week. And it's exciting, not because school is almost over, but because I feel like I have already learned so much, and there is still so much more to learn!

photo_00040.jpgphoto_00041.jpg
Obviously, I'm very excited about my little calendar and all the planning ahead I've been doing with my highlighters.

I've got plenty of exams and papers due before school is over, but that's not a negative. I see it rather as a period of time when I get to learn so much about so many different things. In the next few weeks I have papers due on the following: the foreclosure crisis and its impact on North Minneapolis, the perception of HIV/AIDS in the U.S. and abroad, informal settlements in South Africa, and multi-family housing development in North St. Paul. As for exams, those will be on the various topics of global housing, management and development, residential construction, and international social work. Housing Studies is such a cool major as it is so diverse! I never get bored :)

Stay sharp :D
Karly, Housing Studies B.S.