Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, April 21, 2014

Internships & Accelerated Status

como.jpgEven though my time in Istanbul is coming to a close (17 DAYS!) and the pressure of final review looms over me, I can't help but be excited for this upcoming summer and semester! As you know all Landscape Design and Planning majors are required to have an internship in order to graduate, and I am excited to say I will be interning at the Como Park Zoo & Conservatory this summer. I will be working in a variety of areas such as the Sunken Garden, North Garden, Palm Dome, Fern Room, Tropical Encounters, and the Victoria Water Platters. The Como Park Zoo & Conservatory has always been one of my favorite places to visit since I was a child. They have a great variety of animals and stunning gardens. Oh and did I mention that entry is FREE? They do have a suggested donation of $3 for adults and $2 for children to help with maintenance and upkeep costs, but regardless Como Park Zoo & Conservatory is a fun place you MUST check out. Besides being selected for an internship this summer, I am excited to say that I was accepted into the Accelerated Landscape Design + Planning track for this upcoming fall! As you may recall I earlier wrote about compiling my portfolio to include in my application and that by being accepted into the program I will be able to start my 1st year of Master's courses in my final year of the Landscape Design and Planning program. I am nervous about making the transition from undergraduate to graduate classes, but I am always searching for a challenge!

Theresa
Landscape Design & Planning