Cdes header

College of Design

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Interviewing Tips!

job interview handshake.jpg

So I have some news that I'm pretty darn excited about...

I know I had mentioned in previous blog posts how working for Nordstrom as a buyer is my DREAM, and I found out last week that I made it to the final round of interviews for their corporate buying/planning internship in Seattle, WA! While I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much about it, this would be the perfect opportunity since I'm already moving to Seattle after graduation and Nordstrom is my dream company to work for. The internship would run from June - August, and depending on if I get it and how it goes, it could lead to their merchant in training program and then to an assistant buyer position. Ah! But again that's if everything goes perfectly and exactly as I want it, which doesn't always happen. Regardless, I am just beyond excited for even the opportunity to interview and show the company how passionate I am!

Since Nordstrom is headquartered in Seattle, my interview will be via video conference with the hiring managers. Video interviews can be a little tricky, but the overall principles of what makes for a successful interview are the same.

I found an awesome post from Lauren Conrad's blog that gives ten tips for mastering an interview. Here are her top 5, but check out the full blog post here .

1. Research the company
2. Update your resume
3. Dress the part
4. Arrive on time
5. Give a solid, confident handshake

Also, if any of you have an upcoming interview, or just want to get ahead of the interviewing game, I really recommend that you visit Career and Internship services for all the information you'll need on successful interviewing!

ps. here are a couple more pictures from Align fashion show!

Stay Fabulous,
Katie

Fashion Show.jpg

Fashion show 3.jpg

fashion show 4.jpg