Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, December 2, 2013

Virtual Target Store

target .JPG

My final project for Visual Merchandising is to design a virtual shop for Target's Mossimo Black brand. I can't believe my partner and I present to Target next Monday already! I feel like we've worked so hard and the time has flown right by. For this project, my partner and I had to learn to use a new program that Target actually uses to create their layouts and planograms called Visual Retailing. It took us a long time to learn how to use the program, but once we did, it was actually a lot of fun arranging all of the fixtures and merchandise. I especially liked this project because it pretty much gave us creative freedom in terms of designing the shop, as long as we could explain why we chose the design. So far, this project has been so beneficial to me as a retail merchandising student because we're using the program and technology that actual visual merchandisers use, and we also have the opportunity to present our ideas to real industry professionals and get feedback on our work.

My group will find out next week after we present if we've been chosen as finalists. Wish me luck!

Stay Fabulous,
Katie