Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, December 23, 2013

Home for the Holidays

xmascottage.jpg

While I am so very happy to be home with my family, it breaks my heart that there are people out there this holiday season who won't have a home to go to. Because I am blessed with the comforts of a warm and loving home, I hear "there should be no poor among you"*, and I feel called to action. In the U.S., there is no doubt that we have the resources to house each and every citizen. And while I don't know how exactly to go about it, because much has been given to me, much I shall give away. "If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother. Rather be openhanded and freely lend him whatever he needs"*.

However a student is motivated, I encourage them to get an education that goes alongside their already present skills and desires. For me, Housing Studies is most certainly giving me the tools to achieve my goal of meeting needs with affordable housing. It's the right fit.

santa's sleigh.jpg

I hope all of you are enjoying plenty of holiday treats and quality family time!

Stay jolly :D
-Karly, Housing Studies B.S.

*Deuteronomy 15:4, 7-8