Cdes header

College of Design

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Free College =D

As a junior and senior in high school, instead of taking the normal 11th and 12th grade classes, I took classes at the local college. I took part in PSEO (Post-Secondary Enrollment Option). I took my classes at the college, the credits that I earned fulfilled high school requirements, and I got some college education for free, all at the same time! So by the time I graduated from high school, I had already completed my generals for college. If this at all sounds like an option for you, look into the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) too.

PSEO turned out to be such a good option for me because I already knew what I wanted to do-help people find safe and affordable housing. I also already knew that I wanted to go to the U of M to major in Housing Studies. And even though I'm a freshman, because of PSEO, I'll be graduating in just 2 years. It's all around very cool because Housing Studies is very practical, everybody needs a house, and the job outlook is very positive. If you're interested, check out the following site. http://www.careerhelp.umn.edu/majorinfo/housing.html

I hope everybody was able to enjoy Thanksgiving with their families, whether at the adults' table or the kid table.

table.png

Stay sharp :D
-Karly, Housing Studies B.S.