Cdes header

College of Design

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Kickin' Career Planning into High Gear


IMG_1685.JPG

It's kind of sad to admit that it took me until my senior year of college to schedule a meeting with the College of Design Career and Internship services. I've been meaning to make an appointment ever since a representative came to one of my retail classes freshman year. As new students, you should make an appointment with this office your first semester on campus!

For those of you who don't know, Career and Internship services are here to help all of us with ANYTHING related to future career/internship planning, like reviewing resumes, conducting mock interviews, and providing great resources for job/internship hunts. I made my appointment with Heather to help me become connected with the Seattle area retail industry, since that's where I'll be moving post graduation. Heather was so helpful and was able to share some of her professional contacts with me, and help me get my Linkedin profile looking professional and ready to go. I can't believe I waited this long to make and appointment! I'm feeling so much better about my job search and much more prepared. I really encourage all of you to set up a meeting with Career and Internship services, no matter what year you are!

Stay Fabulous,
Katie
Retail Merchandising