Cdes header

College of Design

Sunday, November 3, 2013

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Where does the weekend go? I always feel like the weekend goes by so quickly and Monday just sneaks right back up on you. That's definitely how I feel about this last weekend, which was definitely fun, since my weekend began with my favorite holiday, Halloween! I feel like Halloween is an apparel designers dream holiday, at least it is for me. Having the ability and knowledge of how to pattern and sew gives apparel designers a huge advantage when it comes to costumes. You can become more creative and the costumes are custom, so they fit so much better! Plus, it gives you amazing practice on utilizing the skills that you learn in the program. I've made my own costumes before, but after utilizing my new skills, they are so much better. I'm definitely not going to rule out costume design as a possible career option. Hope the rest of you had a great Halloween as well!

Halloween.JPG

To continue to get updates about me and my life as an apparel design major go to z.umn.edu/cdesblogs and follow my blog!
Lee
Apparel Design