Cdes header

College of Design

Friday, November 1, 2013

Feeling Stressed? Visit the Rec!

Rec.jpg

I can't believe it's already November! That means only 49 days left until the end of fall semester, which also means that finals time will be here before we know it. This usually is the time in the semester when group projects, papers, and exams are all coming at you, and it can definitely get a little stressful. Personally, I've found that one of the best ways to combat stress is with good, old fashion exercise. As U of M students, we're lucky enough to have an amazing recreation facility that's FREE with our U Card. Whether you like walking on the treadmill, doing push ups in boot camp, or breaking a sweat in Zumba, the Rec really has something for everyone. I've been going to the Rec since I was a freshman, and I can say that it's not only helped me stay healthy, but has also been a great outlet for when school seems a little overwhelming, and I know we've all been there before!

You don't have to be a fitness model, or even an athlete to use the Rec. Just grab a friend, check it out, and start relieving that stress. Check out the Rec's website for information on the facility and group fitness schedules and rates.

http://recwell.umn.edu/

Katie, Retail Merchandising

Thumbnail image for Rec 2.PNG