Cdes header

College of Design

Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Cleaning!

Spring-Cleaning.jpgIt's April 8th today and even though the weather isn't shining quite like spring, that doesn't mean I can't get a jump on spring cleaning. Spring cleaning falls into a lot of different sectors of my life. It's anything from my closet and wardrobe to the files on my computer. For me, it's nice to take a break about mid-semester to tidy up my life a little bit since things can get hectic from time to time.

Last night for instance, I cleaned through my closet and dresser to start pulling out my warm weather threads and to start stowing away my heavy duty sweaters and hoodies. It's gotta warm up sometime soon so I'm making sure I'll be ready when it does! I also sorted piles of clothing I would like to part with and could potentially sell at consignment shops like Buffalo Exchange and Plato's Closet or clothing that would be good to donate to places like Goodwill and the Salvation Army.

Recently I also bought a new computer and I have been working to transfer over my data and organize it in a neat and practical manner. As a design student, I have a lot of large and important files on my computer and organizing those is key to my efficiency. Since I'm also working on my portfolio and my website, archiving past projects has become essential and adds to why organizing my computer is so crucial.

Besides those major projects, I'm also doing basic things like cleaning out my office space in Student Services, my locker at school, and my car. If I do a little each day, I think I can be done by the end of the weekend. Wish me luck!

Ashley
Interior Design