Cdes header

College of Design

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dean's Reception

Hello all! It was wonderful to meet some of you at the Dean's Reception this past weekend! If any of you couldn't make it and have questions, feel free to leave them below and I will be in touch!

The event was a great one and I had a lot of fun. I got to have lunch with incoming freshman and their families, which was super fun to hear stories about how people got interested in design and how they chose the University of Minnesota. I also got to tell my story, and how I made my way to Minnesota and the College of Design, which was a fun trip down memory lane! I actually attended the Dean's Reception my senior year of high school back in 2009! I cannot believe that was 4 years ago, because my time at the U has gone so fast!

The past 4 years have been a blur, and I couldn't be happier. I loved sharing part of my last year with incoming freshmen who I hope have as great I time as I have in the College of Design. I thought that it would be fun to share a picture of one of my first projects ever with you! This is something that I did back in high school, before I had decided to pursue design as a career and college choice! I will be using this in my portfolio which I am working on right now in one of my classes. Enjoy!

_MG_0602.jpg

Lucie, Apparel design