Cdes header

College of Design

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Well, That's Poetic

Hello again,

I just turned in my last final online. So, now it is time to plan activities for winter break. The first thing on my list is to visit an exhibition at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. There is a visiting exhibition that people cannot stop talking about: China's Terracotta Warriors. Not to mention that college students get the lowest admission rate with college ID. How can I miss this? The next thing on my list is going to see Christmas Carol at the Guthrie Theater. It is a perfect time for that. I wrote about the Guthrie in one of my past blogs. Minneapolis ranks number second in the U.S. for the highest theater seats per capita. I have no option, but to take advantage of all the resources around me.

The list is still going, but I think it is better to recap the best moment of finals week. I had a review for my BDA workshop, Furniture Design, last week. We had four weeks to design and create a piece of furniture for our own home. I chose to make a floor table because I do all my works on the floor. Here is the result:

table.jpg
Whaaalaaa...a three-legged table.


It is a single line metal leg with single sheet hardwood table top. Height can be adjusted when tilting at angle. One of my critique said the table was very poetic in the way the metal leg and table piece married together. I think that comment was very poetic.

I hope you are finishing up with your finals as well. Good luck with all the things in life and happy holidays!!


See you next blog!
Beau S.
Architecture B.D.A.