Cdes header

College of Design

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"Opportunities are Seldom Labeled"

6432402181.jpgLast night, I had the honor of receiving the 2012 President's Student Leadership and Service Award from President Eric Kaler. The banquet was filled with inspirational speeches and great dinner conversation. After being nominated by Jim Lutz, professor and AIAS faculty advisor, for my work with the College of Design and AIAS, I was selected out of over one hundred and fifty applicants. I have to thank Jim Lutz, all of my amazing AIAS board members, and everyone else who has helped me over the last four years.

Award recipient Maggie Goshert provided a great quote from her father: "Opportunities are seldom labeled." You will have many decisions to make while attending college, but the most important ones will open doors to a myriad of opportunities. Looking back to my first year, I would have never imagined I would have achieved what I have today. I know I've said this a thousand times but GET INVOLVED. If you really want to have a great college experience, remember to incorporate your passions and be grateful towards the people who help you. Unfortunately, next week is my last blog. I hope you've had as much fun reading these as I've had writing them.

Holly
Architecture - Bachelor of Science

P.S. Today was my final studio review!!