Cdes header

College of Design

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Exciting news y'all!

blogpic.jpgI declared a minor in retail merchandising! I am so excited!! Such a minor focuses on some of the business aspects of fashion. The reason I chose this minor is because it's good fit for my interests and personality as well as my major. After I graduate, I'm not 100% sure what I want to do, but I could see myself doing store planning or something else that ties fashion into interior design. I honestly might even add on the fashion studies minor because it would only add a few more credits onto the retail merchandising minor and it would bundle up more of what I love into one awesome package.

Overall, I am just so happy that I'm finally getting to figure things out academically! I've been stressing up and down this semester trying to solidify my track, and through the use of many resources and lots of thinking, I was able to shake things out and nail something down.

As I mentioned in an earlier blog post, I'm pretty much a regular in the Career & Internship Services office for CDes. In addition, I've been meeting with my adviser, Wanda and talking to other office personnel where I work. My boss, Lucy Reile, the College to Career Coordinator, has helped me bunches!! She's gotten me in touch with multiple professionals and I've met with a few to do informational interviews. Informationals have definitely been one of the most crucial and helpful things I've done to help with figuring things out.

Now that I'm on a clear track of interior design with a retail merchandising minor, I feel I have plowed a path to success. I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for me!


Ashley Ochiagha
Interior Design